My media career began in Junior High School when my dad returned from an overseas trip with a brand new Sony reel-to-reel tape recorder. I began playing records and talking into the machine, thus “creating” my own radio station.
Fast forward to college, where I majored in Journalism with an emphasis in broadcasting. A college internship led to a part-time then a full-time job at a non-profit radio station where I did everything from spin records to write, voice and produce news and promotional spots.
More than 20 years later I look back with satisfaction at an accomplished radio career as an on-air personality, writer, editor, interviewer and producer. But all along, I continued to be a writer.
I’ve been writing copy for more than 25 years, and my background has taught me how to write clear, concise prose that grabs a reader’s attention.
From radio commercials, promotional and financial appeals to news copy and on-air scripts, writing has always been an important part of my journey. I pride myself on my diversity in being able to handle a wide range of different assignments. Since launching Ficere Writing Solutions in 2011, I’ve:
- Written and had published freelance articles on Townhall.com, The Presidential Prayer Team, The Deer Valley Times, Scottsdale Business + Life, Genius Avenue and many others.
- Served as editor / proofreader for numerous articles published in Phoenix area magazines.
- Written hundreds of business blogs on a wide-range of topics.
- Written numerous daily thought articles for Family Life Radio’s devotional magazine.
- Supervised a team of 10 writers for The Presidential Prayer Team.
- Worked as associate editor on numerous books
As a published freelance writer, I’ve honed my skills at choosing the right word or phrase to deliver the central message of the story. What works in news also works in other areas of communication. The key is choosing the correct words and phrases that communicate the core message. I believe words matter and words and the ideas they create are what get you and your business or organization noticed. A carefully crafted, targeted message helps you stand out from the crowd. Whether that’s through a catchy brochure, well-crafted magazine article, advertisement, radio spot or promotional flier, when you hire me, you get quality writing, attention to detail and a commitment to produce something you can be proud of.