My media career began in Junior High School when my dad returned from an overseas trip with a brand new Sony reel-to-reel tape recorder. I began playing records and talking into the machine, thus “creating” my own radio station.
Fast forward to college, where I majored in Journalism with an emphasis in broadcasting. A college internship led to a part-time and then a full-time job at a non-profit radio station where I did everything from spin records to write, voice and produce news and promotional spots.
More than 20 years later I look back with satisfaction at an accomplished radio career as an on-air personality, writer, editor, interviewer and producer. But all along, I continued to be a writer.
I’ve been writing copy for more than 25 years, and my background has taught me how to write clear, compelling copy that grabs a reader’s attention.
From radio commercials, promotional and financial appeals to news copy and on-air scripts, writing has always been an important part of my journey. I pride myself on my diversity in being able to handle a wide range of different assignments and since launching Ficere Writing Solutions in 2011, I’ve:
- Written and had published freelance articles on Townhall.com, The Presidential Prayer Team, The Deer Valley Times, Scottsdale Business + Life, Genius Avenue and many others.
- Served as editor/proofreader for numerous articles published in Phoenix area magazines.
- Written hundreds of business blogs on a wide-range of topics.
- Written numerous daily thought articles for Family Life Radio’s devotional magazine.
- Supervised a team of 10 writers for The Presidential Prayer Team.
- Worked as associate editor of numerous books
- Helped business professionals develop and build their LinkedIn profiles
As a published freelance writer, I’ve honed my skills at choosing the right word or phrase to deliver the central message of the story. I believe words matter and words and the ideas they create are what get you and your business or organization noticed. A carefully crafted, targeted message helps you stand out from the crowd. Whether that’s through a catchy brochure, well-crafted magazine article, advertisement, radio spot or promotional flier or business blog, when you hire me, you get quality writing, attention to detail and a commitment to produce something you can be proud of.